What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved in users’ computers (usually in their browsers, i.e. Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, etc) so that each time users connect to our website, the latter recovers previously inserted information and provides users with services relevant to such saved information. A classic example of such information is users’ preferences on a website, as such preferences are determined depending on users’ choices in such website (i.e. selection of specific “buttons”, searches, etc.).
General information on the types of cookies
There are two general categories of cookies:
- Technical Cookies: Technical cookies are essential for the proper functioning of a website and allow users to browse and to use the features of the website. Without them, effective website performance cannot be achieved since users may not be able to effectively display webpages and/or to use certain features.
- Profiling cookies: Profiling cookies are used for the creation of user profiles in order to provide content and advertisements that best suit the user and its browsing preferences.
Cookies, irrespective of whether they are classified as “technical cookies” or “profiling cookies” may also be classified as:
- Session cookies, which are immediately deleted upon closing the browsing program;
- Permanent cookies, which remain in the browsing program for a certain period of time. Permanent cookies are used, for example, for the identification of the device connected to a website in order to facilitate user’s identification;
- Owned cookies, which are created and controlled directly by the webmaster;
- Third-party cookies, which are created and controlled by parties other than the webmaster.
Our website uses technical cookies of the following type:
Owned cookies, session cookies or permanent cookies, which are necessary for browsing in our website as well as for purposes of internal security and management of systems.
As for third-party cookies, users shall provide or refuse to provide their consent directly to the holder of suck cookies to whom TAK A SHO merely refers: please note that the majority of third-party cookies used in the present Website can be deactivated by users through the browsing program the use or by directly visiting the website where such cookies have been placed and using the links in the table below. In any case, we shall point out that rejection of cookies may affect the performance and functionality of the website or prevent you from using all features there to.
Types of cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies: Strictly necessary cookies allow users to browse and to have access to secured areas of the Website. Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the Website and for assisting users to achieve the purpose of their visit (i.e. to be provided with information).
- Functionality cookies: Functionality cookies are used for the proper functioning of the website; they allow the website to “memorize” user options in order to provide improved and personalized features depending on users’ needs and interests. Functionality cookies include also cookies with information regarding safe browsing activities.
- Performance cookies: Performance cookies enable us to understand the manner in which visitors use the website by collecting aggregate, anonymous information. Through their use, TAK A SHO may realize whether users face any problems as well as whether any webpage needs to be improved. In addition, we collect useful information used for the improvement of the performance of the Website
- Targeting/advertising cookies: Targeting/advertising cookies are used to provide content that best suits the user and their interests. They may be used to provide targeted advertisements and/or offers to the user. Targeting/advertising cookies may also be used in order to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.